Followers

31 August 2007

Update on the Walmart trip

We went back out last night to get floss. I got quite a bit, pretty much all I think Walmart was capable of carrying, though I have to wonder at what point 732 became an "exotic" color. The Walmart I went to had their floss individually marked at 10 cents a skein. Thank God I never applied to work at Walmart, because I probably would have been assigned to do that job. It was not too bad, though. The worst problem we had was with the cruddy carousels--they kept squeaking and it seemed SOOOO loud. I got some more of the colors I needed for Nature's Home, now just to keep animals healthy, bills paid, for long enough to get the fabric to do it as a quilt. Which I am thinking won't be possible til October, because I want to get the whole amount at one time.

So now I am stuck with a pondering of how to do Villages. It probably should be done as one piece, to match Houses, but part of me REALLY wants to do it as a quilt. We saw one at the shop outside of Reading where it was done like that, and it was pretty, but I'm not a quilter, and that's a pretty important piece to be experimenting with. I will probably break down and buy the Dower linen for it. I am not sure I can stand to be that brave.

I picked up Summer Ball last night. I didn't get a lot done, mostly just looked at it for a while and then decided I am not doing the bodies over one. I am over my over-one phobia, but that doesn't mean that, when it comes down to it, I have a stark desire to do all these people like that. They look muddy when I do it that way. So I started frogging. And it is a PITA. But this is not a hard piece to work on, I just haven't had the time or the energy to work on it, but it is on the 50, so I can work on it. Maybe I can have this done for the fair next year.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Awesome! I'm still trying to locate some :o(

It sure helps when you have a huge project on the go, especially an afghan!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls