23 August 2007

Sick day and stitching

I went home from work sick yesterday. It is extremely hard to rest at my house when sick, because people seem to think I never get sick--I assure you, yesterday, I would have gladly died because my head felt like it was going to explode and I couldn't breathe out of one nostril--and the animals think it's Saturday, and time to play with Mummy.

I did hole up in bed and read some magazines. I really want to start those cute little mice from Cross Stitcher by Margaret Sherry, but I have to get some other things finished first. It's not on the 50. Yesterday, I decided the 50 sucked. But I was sick yesterday, so today I feel a little different. Today, the 50 stinks. :) The dogs were bouncing around on the bed. They were playing with Robbie's lamby toy. The cats wanted to be up there, too, but Robbie is a little possessive about me, and doesn't want them near me. We are working on "No, Robbie," or "Stop it," but he whips around and looks at you, like, "I am elegant and patrician, why are you correcting me." But that better stop about those cats. He hasn't tried to bite them, which is a good thing. We may have some issues if he tries to bite them--Chancey doesn't do that, she just runs at them and roars.

Anyway, at about 3:30, I finally was rudely rousted from my bed. My brother was wearing a hat and Robbie doesn't like hats. So, because he was barking, my brother decided to come into my room and t'ant him (as Gramma used to say) and so, because he was trying to defend me, Robbie decided to start barking and jumping up and down, ON TOP OF ME. And then I couldn't sleep. So I went out to the living room and stitched.

It was a good idea to stop doing the over-1 stitching one at a time. It works so much better as a row, and is going much faster. I finished the right-side ghost, and am at work on the left handed one. He's about half finished. I should be able to get the whole thing done by the end of the weekend, other than finding some flourescent thread for the pumpkin face, that and fabric to back the ornament. I won't have that til pay-day.

It's been wonderfully cool the past couple days here in the DC area the last couple of days. Today the highs are in the low 80s. Tomorrow it will be hot again, just in time to haul my cookies over to the state fair on Saturday. Mom took everything over on Monday. My wallhanging hanger didn't make the trip intact, but they accepted it anyway. Mom said there was a beautiful design of trees (methinks it was, And a Forest Grew). I am not stressing about if everything does well. I just need to enjoy the process. It's the first time I've entered home arts there, but I am not stressed. If I don't win, I don't win, I still have those lovely comments from the judges at county, and if I do win, even if it's 4th place, or Honorable Mention, that means it's 4th best in the state, and that ain't bad.

No comments:

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls