Followers

15 August 2008

I finished my biscornu

I don't think I stuffed it enough, and it's probably not the most beautiful biscornu ever, but I finished it yesterday. I think I did good for my first biscornu. It's going in the state fair on Monday. I figure, even if it's not the most beautiful, it's worth entering it. It might not win, but it definitely won't win if it's home in a box, right?

So I decided to treat myself for not only finishing the stitching in a week, but for getting it totally put together, and I started a pretty design from Cross Stitch Gold of birds on a bird feeder. It's been kitted up for a couple months and uses Anchor threads, which I like using, and so I thought I deserved it! But I also have a little Diane Graebner along with me, that I kitted up with fabric I dyed. I think it will work; it's a pretty denimy blue color, and I am doing Dandelion Play on it. It looks country enough.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

I bet it looks great :o) I know I didn't stuff my first Biscornu enough but it still turned out nice.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls