Followers

12 August 2008

This is the stitch that never ends . . .

I probably would have my biscornu done by now if only

a) The dogs had gotten along last night

b) my dentist had my bleaching tray done Thursday like he said he would

c) I had stayed home from work

Instead, it's not done. I still have the back to do and the outlining, and the stuffing, and finding the buttons for it. I KNOW I have those buttons, bought in a spendthrift time when AC Moore had just opened and my weekend afternoons consisted of a trip there, and then hours at the pool. I miss those times. I think I know where the buttons are . . .

I got home last night to see that the twins had run amok all over the house. They ate all the cat food, someone had an accident (I have my suspicions who did that--totally inappropriate), and were mad because their food bowl was empty. And then Chancey got mad at her brother. I was eating crackers with cream cheese on them for dinner (well, gumming them, my teeth hurt like mad yesterday) and offered her one because she was looking at me. She didn't want the cracker, just the cheese, but when Robbie showed interest (Robbie is very food oriented, so far all I have determined he will not eat is cantaloupe), she snapped at him. I corrected her pretty quickly (when she starts acting like a thug, I make her lie down to show her she don't make the rules in this house, then I made her get off the couch), and gave him his cracker. Of course that only made her crankier; she then proceeded to growl at our little black cat, so she got in big trouble. I hate when I have to referee. I think Chance has a thyroid disorder, because she has hair loss, she is getting stunningly bad tempered--she snapped at my mom the other day--and she has gained so much weight. I think a vet visit is due in the next month or so; I mean it's fine when they playfight, I'm OK with that. And I don't mind when she gets on the cats when they are fighting, but snapping at her brother and jacking with the one good cat is not acceptable.

And I intended on stitching at lunch today after I picked up my bleaching tray, but that didn't happen. We are keeping my front left canine as is, but it has to be bleached to match the new color of my teeth. We couldn't do it Thursday, when I was in getting everything else done, so he said come back. My dentist is pretty close, and he'd told me the tray would be ready last week, but I couldn't get back to see him either on Thursday or Friday, so I went today, and it wasn't ready. I had to sit there and wait for like 20 minutes while they made the tray. So annoying.

But I am ready to stitch now. Hopefully I can get that done, because this really is the last night I am going to have the chance. I go to the fair tomorrow, work Thursday, who knows what Friday. We are having a party for my friend Doris on Saturday down in Virginia, and Sunday I go pick up fair stuff, then Monday I go drop off fair stuff. I'll get it done. I am just grumpy.

Maybe I have a thyroid problem. After all, I had an unexplained weight gain, and I'm cranky, and SO says I shed like crazy.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Don't you just love it when the 'kids' just can't get along...NOT! LOL! Happens around here too. You'd think they were savages ;o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls