Followers

05 August 2008

Off for a few days

I am off for three days to get ready for the fair. I think I am going to take everything over on Friday, not Thursday. That will probably work out better schedule-wise for me.

I did my final framing this afternoon. It's nothing major, just framed that Margaret Sherry cat in the wreath from a 2006 Cross Stitcher. I don't have many hopes for that one, but it's supporting the fair to enter, and that, as of now, is most important. I don't think it looks bad, considering that it was a chintzy little kit and it's not properly stretched or any of the things we are supposed to do. I chose a white frame and a white mat with a little red edging. I think I may take a touch of gold paint, and go around the edges of the frame, just to jazz it up a little.

Not much else is happening stitching-wise. I started Summer biscornu by Barbara Ana yesterday. It's stitching up pretty quick. I had to switch fabrics, because I started with Forget Me Not Blue linen, which I realize now I don't like. I don't know who makes it, but it's very thin and pale, and I don't like it. I should have remembered, since I did Forest Snowfall on it and hated it then. So at lunch I went and bought a little package of DMC blue aida and started over on that, and I like it. It's very crisp and orderly. I enjoy crisp and orderly!

I am going to try to get more stitching between now and next year's fair. But I decided, I will space my framing out more. $100 every few months is way easier to come up with than $450 all at once for the framing. I know better than that, and yet I do it. My goal now is to get the Halloween fairy done before November, then I can use my framing discount to get her done. I am already trying to figure out which way to go with her. I am not sure about going too luxe--suede mats and all--but not sure. She is pretty popular, so I am sure there will be plenty of examples to see of her finished, but definitely, no light frame. But no heavy frame either. At least not a stern important frame. She is wispy and airy, so we have to find something that carries that through.

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Fair time! How exciting! I can't wait to hear how you did :o)

I'm getting a one of a kind fabric piece for my Halloween Fairy and I'm anxious to see how it comes out. I'm a fan of the ornate frames and I hope the fabric I get will work with that.

~Julie~ said...

Weeeeeee!! Rachel, how did you do at the fair? We're all waiting! =) I'm sure you did great!

I agree with you about the framing, it *is* pricey, but if you space it out it doesn't seem as bad. lol


~Julie~

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls