Followers

07 March 2008

Awesome stitchy mail last night


I got home last night and had heaps o' stash waiting for me, all guarded by my lovely little Lilybet, our beautiful black kitty.

Along with an ebay win from one of my favorite sellers, which is pictured above, I had 5 Prairie Schoolers. FIVE. Homestead Holiday and these . I love them. There is even a little lighthouse ornament. Pam pointed it out the other day, and well, we got to stitch that. My Secret Needle Night kit was also in the box. AND, I finally got the DVD of "The War," with Kevin Costner, which is absolutely my favorite movie of all time, even though it didn't do well in the theatre. So it was a good mail night.

I didn't have a lot of stitching time last night. SO has been a little antsy because he is almost done his race car, and it's getting painted this weekend. I have been trying to keep him calm, but it's hard. He designed this car from the ground up, and he's done such a great job with it. It's a Mustang he made more powerful than a Cobra. I am so proud of him, because it was a huge project, and he's had to do a lot of learning on the fly. He's almost finished, just needs better fuel injectors and shocks and this snazzy paint job. I tried to talk him into doing silver and Cowboys blue, but he's going with silver and black with a flake in it. Hey, as long as it's not Redskins colors. It is going to look superhot when it's finished. Lord knows it's fast; he took me for my first ride in it on Christmas Eve and it was pretty lively. But he sounded like he needed to just talk and work through the nerves and I wanted to do that for him. Besides, he is going to have to deal with me when I start gearing up for the fair, and that is not pretty. Especially if I am baking. But I got some work done this morning on it, and it will look so cute!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cowboys colors? I think I am in love with you. :-) It would look totally awesome in Cowboy colors. I'm just sayin.....

I am thinking about getting that PS with the lighthouse in it - because really, can you ever have too many lighthouses?

Pumpkin said...

Ohhhh, that does sound like a GREAT stitchy mail!

Good for SO! That's a lot of work building a car. I watched my dad completely rebuild a 47 Chevy.

LoriRay said...

That car sounds awesome. I do love Mustangs! You should post a picture when it's all finished so we can drooooooool. :-)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls