Followers

02 March 2008

I am not dead

I am sorry I have not been blogging. My dead computer issue was compounded by the fact that someone at work deleted my internet access by mistake, and the IT department has a vastly different definition of "24 hour turnaround time" and "fixed the problem" than you or I do. So, until that gets fixed, or I suck it up and buy a new computer--which is looking more and more likely--I am depending on the computer at my part time job.

I miss my blog!

Anyway, not much has been going on stitchingwise. I am still working on the Magic Hat, by Sanman. I finally finished the flippin' snowman. I will never be so stupid as to use two strands of Light Effects on 18 count EVER AGAIN. I don't know if I will really ever use that stuff that much anyway. It was the wierdest thing, I needed a fill for my nails badly the earlier part of this week, and, between my overly long nails digging into the sides of my fingers and the texture of the snowman pressing into my fingers while I was pulling that barbed wire-feeling thread through and trying to keep it smooth, I was about ready to pull my fingers off because they were sore. It took almost an entire skein of that stuff to do him, so that didn't help. The snowman looks pretty good though. Not great, but I am NOT picking out any stitches. No how, no way, no where.

I have so much stuff that I want to start. All my smalls. All those little kits I was saving and trying so hard not to lose. I'm gonna start em now. There are a couple Margaret Sherry kits from Brit mags that I want to get done, but I am not sure how to get them finished. Oh, well, I will deal with that later. I just have to get Magic Hat finished.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I don't like stitching with those Light Effects either, they're terrible to work with ;)

Pumpkin said...

You're a brave girl using those Light Effects ;o) Can't wait to see the end result though!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls