Followers

12 March 2008

Progressing nicely

I have my little chicken at my desk at work, and it's coming along nicely. I think I worked on it maybe three hours yesterday and it's about a quarter finished. If I could get off here, I would have it done by the end of the day today.

My cat afghan is coming along really well. That first little corner, with Holly and Ivy
on it is really looking sharp. I wasn't sure that it would look as good because the model is stitched on white and I am doing it on cream, but it looks fine. I decided that I would pick the four cats who best represented the seasons and do them in the corners, so Holly and Ivy represents winter. Spring was hard to figure out, but Catch a Tail is going to be Autumn (I may fudge the colors a little--that is a very yellow yellow). Give Me a Kiss was my choice for spring, but I may change that. This is my choice for summer. It looked really patriotic, and that really is my idea of summer, patriotic.


Mom did ask what the cats were doing sitting on the quilts. I think she wanted to know what they were doing. I assume, based on years of cat ownership, that some fights are about to start. Cats, at least mine, usually don't do well with sharing.

OH, BTW, if anyone who reads this blog is looking for either the Olde Colonial Designs Rooster Pillow (Pumpkin?), Lizzie Kate Big Girl Panties, or Just Nan's LE Peter Cottontail, my LNS, The Stitching Post still had a lot of them left. They do mail order.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

That's awesome!

Nope, wasn't me. At least I don't think it was. LOL!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls