Followers

19 March 2008

Didn't get to stitch last night

It rained last night and took forever to get home. And I was running around, taking care of SO's dogs. Sneaky little devils conned me out of a whole bowl of food, not the 1/4 of the bowl their daddy gives them. They were insistent that that was the correct ration and that if it were not, they wouldn't have been able to eat it all. SO wasn't mad about it, though, he just didn't give them their cookies. I spent some quality time with them--Shaka wanted his belly rubbed after dinner, so of course, I rubbed it for him. How could one ignore an offered belly, especially a pit bull belly?

I finally have a lightbulb in the lamp in the sewing room. Yay! Now I can stitch in there in good light, at night. I did find in Michael's yesterday the most perfect decorative accessories for my nautical theme. I have pretty much singled out what I have to have at full price, a pillow with a crab on it, and some little votive holders. But they had really cute shutter hooks that I realized would be great to use for the curtain tieback when I find the curtains I want for in there. The couple other little things can wait til they go on clearance in a couple weeks. I asked SO to help me with the curtain rods, because the last owner or tenant or whatever they were took the curtain rods and the hardware with them when they left. What a wierd thing to take. Anyway, we have to buy new and put it up.

OHHHH, I forgot to mention this. I finally own a beautiful piece of cross-stitched clothing. We went to a bazaar at a Ukrainian Orthodox Church on Sunday and they had a table where the proceeds went to benefit orphans, and there was this really lovely blouse with stitching on it. It's really simple, high neckline, gathered sleeves, simple embellishment in red and black, but it will be so pretty over heels and dark denim jeans. And it went for a good cause, plus it was a HECK of a deal, just $15. I couldn't beat that, even if I bought a shirt and stitched on it.

They had a lot of stitching there. A table was selling psanky (I know it isn't spelled right, but they are Ukranian eggs). My mom collects them, but the guy who was selling the eggs is a stitcher! He had beautiful stitched religious Easter pieces, and he says stitching is his business. That is pretty cool. He was younger than me, and I like to see men of my generation stitching. Even though my brother knows how to stitch--he taught me, for Heaven's sake--he won't do it. I guess he's worried that his friends will think less of him, but this guy was proud of his substantial talent, and that is wonderful.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Is that ever cool! What a nice piece of clothing to find :o)

I'd love to see those eggs in person. I've seen them done on tv years and years ago and have always wanted to try making them.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls