Followers

06 March 2008

started a new afghan

I guess I should be smacked for starting a new afghan when my Hummingbird Trellis is not finished, barely started, but I decided that, since I had a spare afghan lying around, and an empty set of Q Snaps, and those charts are small, well they would be a great afghan.

I am combining the following charts:

Cats and Baskets
Catch a Tail
Cat and Mouse
Three's a Crowd
Give Me A Kiss
Holly and Ivy
and

Ready to Pounce

And then adding the little motifs from Kitty's Day to it as well.

I still consider to be a "smalls" project because these are small charts. They will just be finished as a large project. No different than a quilt. It should be tremendously cute, and WAY easier to get done than the Stoney Creek quilt.

And I realized, since I found that awesome quilt store, the Quilted Cat, last summer, I won't even have to stress about finding cat-themed fabric to back it, because they had so much and, being a quilt store, will probably be better able to help me choose the right fabric.

Not only all this, but I cut a strip off the afghan because it was too big, and I can use that as a bell pull. I thought about putting Pumpkin Pie, another wonderful freebie by Sanman, on it, but I won't do that, just because I think that needs a white afghan and this is cream. It's fine for the cats, but not Halloween. So I can probably find a set of three or four coordinating fall designs and use that to make the bellpull.

Waste not, want not, my mother always says.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Another start! LOL! Sounds like a great project though :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls