Followers

21 January 2008

A cold shivery Monday

I couldn't deal with organizing, so I got out of the house this weekend (you think this is part of my problem?). It was a short day at my part time job--we didn't have a play going on, but I still heard the singers in the amateur production renting one of the theatres singing flat for two hours. And they left a mess in the lobby--both lobbies. I left right about the point that the facilities manager walked through, muttering, "They'll pay for that."

But I did meet someone who knows stitchers. I was stitching at the box office window--I can do that if we aren't busy, it's art, after all! And this guy comes up and says, "My mom and sisters do that." He was the kind of person who is too busy to do it (which, honestly, most of us are too busy to do cross stitch, we just give up some other basic need to do it), but he was appreciative. I can appreciate that if someone appreciates my art.

After work, I had to meet my boyfriend's family for his parents' anniversary party. I felt kinda bad because I just brought them a card, but what do you buy for people who have been married 40 years? Or better yet, 47 years because my parents' anniversary is this week. Anyway, his aunt, who I finally met, cross stitches and she goes to the Woodlawn show. So that was pretty cool!

We didn't get home til 11:30, and then didn't wake up til 10 yesterday. Or at least I didn't. BF had an energy drink, cake with coffee in it, and coffee and he didn't sleep, so at 4AM he was up doing laundry. He apparently didn't sleep til 8, so I had the whole king-sized bed to myself, and stitched in luxury while watching E before the game started. Which, just on a side note, I fully commend anyone who managed to be at the Green Bay game or played, or lives in Wisconsin. It was too cold there. When athletes' heads are steaming, it's too cold.

I fully plan on starting to go through things tonight.I am going to start in the basement. I found a box with a box of crayons in it. I'm 31, I haven't used crayons on a regular basis in 20 years (has it REALLY been that long), why did I buy these? Things like that are going in the giveaway box. I don't need them, they are taking up space, they need to go to someone who can use them.

This not going to be easy. I am warning you now, if you hear cursing, not even lady-like, "well, gosh gee" but some straight up, make a sailor blush cursing--and it will be a cold, cloudy night tonight, those words carry--followed by dogs barking, it's just me cleaning.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

I find that so neat when you meet someone else that is interested in your hobby.

Happy Anniversary to your parents :o)

Good luck cleaning!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls