Followers

23 January 2008

I just realized . . .

That it's 7 months to fair season.

And I don't have anything ready.

I realize that 7 months is a long time in just day time, but in terms of stitching time, it's not. Not when the average large project takes 2-3 months, and then it's a month (or more) to get things framed. Ey yiy.

Now I should really start to buckle down and get figured out what I want to have to enter


To be framed:

New Fallen Snow (have the frame, just need it stretched and mounted)
New Birth of Spring
Lost Dragon Sampler--perfect for the fantasy class.

Those are really the only entry-worthy pieces I have finished.

I have the Margaret Sherry afghan at the finishers.

I will put BF's stocking in, cause I am not working with blending filament and then not entering it.

The Joan Elliott winter angel for the religious class--I don't know if it quite counts as "religious," but it's an angel. Angels are religious.

Cedar Hill Sheep in the Meadow--for the special class for the state fair, but I will put it in the county fair too.

I want to have my Stunning Irises for the flower class. I am just worried because (hanging head in shame) Felix Anne has been using the lap stand as a kitty hammock, which is NOT good, and it's rather hair covered. I have to take the lint brush to it.

I need to do some small finishes, but what gets me is that county fair judges size by framed size, state by design size. The consistency issue bugs me.


I did see a cute idea for finishing yesterday at Michael's. They had little purses to make. They showed them with iron-ons of Paris, but you could pretty much take a small set of designs and put them on and it would look good. I love iron-on interfacing for things like this. Anyway, they were reasonably priced, about $5 for the purse body, the same for the handle, maybe $3 for the trim. It might be worth it to pick up one on payday. The pink one I looked at would be cute with shoes or hearts on it, but if they had a straw one, think of the cute summer stuff you could put on.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

I know what you mean!!!!! I'm starting to panic because I've already lost at least a week on Stargazer :o( The stitching is not an issue. It will be the beading. Oye!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls