Followers

30 January 2008

Finished making the Kloster blocks

I will post a poc of this project, I am actually really proud of it.

I finished the Kloster blocks on the Hardanger project this morning. I am following the instructions in the magazine, so am doing the cross stitch and satin stitch. But it's not easy. I am not used to counting individual threads, but I am slowly making progress. I did realize I don't have one of the colors of floss I needed, but I decided, instead of going out and buying floss, I will use what I have in my stash.

I still have to start my house ornament for the Bride's Tree SAL. Or else work it in with other designs. I don't think my designs are all going to be the same style. I think that will be OK. My Christmas tree is not one unified style, unless "whimsical" is a style. I am doing a snowman freebie with a heart by Sanman for my February ornament. I think that will be cute.

I decided I am putting Mosey and Me's Veggies into my rotation. It was the first one of their charts I ever bought, and it's SUCH a happy picture. I was having issues finding the Needle Necessities threads, but I found out Stoney Creek carries them, so ordered, along with a half yard of fabric that was on clearance. It was $16, so I figured I could afford that.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Our tree doesn't have a theme either - we have dozens of ornaments from our childhood, ones we've collected in our travels, and ones we've made ourselves. Sure, we have a bunch of lighthouses (and other nautical things) and our Dallas Cowboys collection, but I love that our tree is so personal and so us.

Pumpkin said...

I look forward to seeing it Rachel!

Don't you just love Sandy's cute snowman with the heart! :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls