Followers

28 January 2008

Did basically NO stitching this weekend

I was off the entire weekend and stitched all of probably an hour. Bummer. But, all in all, that wasn't so bad because I probably needed sleep. I slept horrible last week--it's not so easy to rest sharing a bed with two small rowdy dogs and a cat or three--so it was good.

I started a piece of Hardanger. I am taking Guilt-free January seriously, y'all! It's a piece by Mary Hickmott and pretty simple, but I had to frog a bunch of it already, so I learned you have to be more diligent about counting than in cross stitch. But I think it works for me as a craft because I already count by measuring things off of other parts of designs so this works. It's easy to tell you messed up when things aren't even. So we''ll see--it's not a craft you do on linen when sleepy.

I am pleased to say I have managed to empty an entire box of stitching supplies in my organizing. YAY for me. I took the empty box and put about half the binders I had in it. That seems to be a more secure way of storing them than just sitting them on top of the boxes. And I realized I could put all my unframed art prints in the sides to keep them secure when I move--bonus, because I love the art I have collected. I did find my Mosey and Mes. I looked at the supply list for one I want to do, and that kinda bummed me out because they used Needle Necessities and, well, there is no more Needle Necessities. I know there is that new company BUT I don't know where to buy their threads. I will look at my Gentle Art supplies and take from there.

The superbowl sales are going to be this weekend, and I am up in the air about going to them. Realistically, I don't NEED anything--lifting full boxes is a pretty good reminder of that--but I think I worry I might be missing something good. But BF and I had a talk this weekend, and if we are ever going to buy a house together, I need to get some of these credit cards paid off. It would be nice to have a big old rambly house to have room to start a business for myself and I want a business more than new stitchy stuff. So I don't know.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Good for you! I think I really need to go through my stash as well. My pattern and fabric drawers are way too full :o( That's supposed to be a good thing though, right? LOL!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls