Followers

17 January 2008

My next Guilt-free January start

is based on this sculpture:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BORDER-FINE-ARTS-TUG-OWAR-COLLIE-PUPS-No-JH61_W0QQitemZ230213448296QQihZ013QQcategoryZ10845QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've had the kit by Anchor for, gosh, 5 years almost, and haven't started it. But it's calling to me. Puppies call to me. Especially because these are border collies, and I love our border collie mix. She is about the smartest dog ever, way smarter than my Schipperkes--not as sweet tempered, but smart. If I have the patience to do the puppy thing again, and I want a big dog, I think I would get another one, at least a mix. Another thing I like about the chart is it shows them tugging, and my little dogs did that when they were puppies. Heck, they do it now if there's a toy they both want. Nothing to me is more adorable and fun to watch than them playing like that, even though I know it makes them mad when I laugh at them as they battle for a prize.


So that's my new finish. I wish I had an actual pic of the project to show, but it must be OOP, and apparently no one has it.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

I agree, they are smart. We have an Australian Cattle Dog and that breed is smart as well but not as smart as the Border Collie.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls