Followers

04 January 2008

Magazine Reviews-It's about time, right?

I realize I have been remiss about doing this for a long time. But I happened upon my local Barnes and Noble on a good magazine week. So here goes.


Just Cross Stitch February 2008

This is a really good issue. It's a Valentine's Day issue. If you hate Valentine's Day, this is probably not gonna be a must-have for you. I am not that fond of this holiday, but this is a good issue.

There is a great design of orchids on this issue. It's a Permin design. Those are expensive, so we've already got the money on the magazine back.

As far as the holiday is concerned, there are several great designs, including the cover design. One is really simple, called Hugs and Kisses, which would be nice if you decorate for Valentine's Day or else need a signal for a roommate that this is not a night to hang out in the dorm room. I am not saying it in a bad way, it's really cute. Also the design, be kind and your heart will grow. Now that is cute! I could see that as a pillow.

My favorite design has got to be Winter Symphony by Little House Needleworks. It's cute little birds. I like primitive things and it's pretty. I also like the New Zealand sampler, but probably won't stitch it.

There are a couple projects I am not to keen on. Monsterbubbles has created a design of bugs, called the Fab Four, and George and John are in this issue. I don't know if I would stitch bugs, even though these are modern. It's kind of a bummer because I like Monsterbubbles' designs. And then there is a rocketship design. I might like this if I had boys, but I don't. Unless you count Robbie, and, well, he doesn't need a rocketship stitched for him.

All in all, this is a good addition to a magazine collection.



More to follow

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

I saw that one today and I was going to get it but I didn't because I was really looking for the Cross Country Stitching mag :o)

Kim said...

Thanks for the review, it sounds like this is a great issue. I love LHN so I will have to start my search for this magazine today.

:)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls