Followers

09 January 2008

I think something is wrong with me . . .

It's guilt-free January, where I can start ANYTHING, and I don't want to start anything. I don't want to haul my cookies to Michael's and kit anything up. Anything I might have wanted to start is in my craft room 30 miles from here.

But I am going to my LNS on Monday. I haven't been since 8 November. I already have a list of what I *need* :). I am getting the supplies to make that cute Hardanger pillow. And the floss for the new LK Flip-its. And some beads, because I managed to lose the ones I had for my winter angel in the car. There were even a couple from my 50 list that I thought about starting too, but not sure yet if I want to buy overdyeds for them.

I think my not wanting to do this is that I am starting to go through my things to get ready to move out. I have too much. I have like 6 big boxes of charts to go through even after organizing some into binders. This is not good. Even culling it to sell, that is not helping. I have pretty much stripped out what I don't want and those six boxes are things I still want. I think this is a good year to go on the wagon. At least if I stitch the stuff, I don't have the sadness of, "I will sell this and I will never get the chance to stitch it. What if I want it." When you get in that kinda funk, even my old standby thought of, There will be other charts that you will like just as much, if not more, doesn't seem to work. Anyway, it's time to stop being a baby. I have to get rid of a lot of things, maybe on the days when I am off, I will take a big lot over to the Ebay store. I am going to do that anyway with my ballgowns--because, to quote my boyfriend, "When's the last time you went to a ball?" (umm, 6 years)-- so I might as well go with that stuff too.

I did stitch last night, though. We were watching the primary coverage. Even though I hesitate to post political stuff on here, I was happy Hillary won. I don't like Barack Obama, because he just doesn't have the experience. Hillary has been in DC for 16 years, in politics since, pretty much since she has been with Bill. It's kinda like with my Schipperkes; Robbie is not particularly easy for a non-dog person to deal with, but I have been owning Schips for 18 years, and he's a piece of cake for me to deal with, cause I know how their minds work. Hillary knows how a Washington mind works, AND she let Bill do some campaigning for her. Democrats love Bill Clinton. He could have shot someone on live network. TV, lied and said he didn't do it, and we would have been like, "I don't like that he did it, but I understand he had to lie. Long as we're not in a recession, besides that was a guy that probably needed killing."

But it gave me a chance to get some stitching done. I am working on my peppermint mouse, and I like the opalescent linen I chose for it. Opalescent and I don't always get along, but this is nice stuff, and I think the sparkle will make the design pretty.

Anyway, back to this whole guilt-free January thing. I guess I shouldn't really think there is something wrong for not wanting to start. I don't have set rules I have to obey with my stitching, if I want to start something in May, I am 31 years old, I should just start it. But I do think I should start something for the fair, just to start getting that on track.

I think I have picked my project for the special contest for the state fair. I am going to choose sheep as my subject. I found a really pretty, just simply lovely design of sheep in a field--I forget who it is by, but it's pretty. I might not win 1st place, but that's OK. I would still be doing my part to promote needlecrafts, and sometimes I think they prefer simple, well-executed designs to fancy ones not so well done.

2 comments:

Sue said...

6 boxes of charts? Yah, it's time to go on the wagon ;)

Pumpkin said...

LOL! Yes, I think you have enough to keep you busy ;o)

You've got a great attitude about your project for the fair. It's not the winning but promoting our craft.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls