Followers

18 January 2008

I need to get organized

I give up. I admit defeat.

I can no longer live in my crafty cluttered bliss.

Remember how stoked I was that I found that squirrel chart? I had misplaced the chart probably the night after I started it, found the chart this week. and now I have lost the other parts, and the chart has no DMC numbers on it. This is the crappy part. I found the kit while I was searching for those other charts, and thought, "Kick butt, someone must have found the chart and put it in the package." And then opened it, discovered the chart was NOT there (of course, it was elsewhere), put it back in whatever box I pulled it out of (I swear it was a box), and promptly lost it. THIS STINKS.

So,I can't do this anymore. I am so unorganized, I have orphan pieces of fabrics in boxes that I have to have bought for SOMETHING (because one of them is a deep blue green, and I wouldn't just buy that fabric for grins)and, let's be honest, how in the heck would I, were I to pick whatever chart I bought them for, KNOW that I did indeed have the perfect fabric for, because it's in a box in the basement, and not in the giant box o fabric under my bed? I would be trucking off to the LNS for more. I know I would do that because I bought more fabric when I misplaced the navy blue linen for an ornament. I went to find a collar I bought for Chancey that I KNOW I stuck in a tin, that was specifically "the tin that Chancey's rose collar is in" and discovered it was stuffed full of DMC. And do you want to know what my first thought was? "What did I buy this for and is the dog collar underneath the floss?" I hate when this happens. Now I feel inefficient, disorganized, and I also now feel like a crappy pet parent, because that collar was cute, and I can't find it and I can't find my kit that was $20 US,and that stinks. Think of all the money I would save by just being slightly more organized.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

LOL! It seems you have a little green elf that's playing games with you ;o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls