Followers

31 January 2008

not the best day to organize

The best parts of yesterday's organizational efforts were that I emptied another box and I found three reasonably inexpensive binders. BTW, forget starting an E-bay business, or a pet boutique; the real money, my friends, is in the binder industry. $12 for an extra heavy duty binder. What is it gonna do to be worth THAT MUCH MONEY? Thwart terrorism, or lead paint? I am not paying $12 per binder to hold my cross stitch leaflets. NO WAY. These were $5.99 and they were called the "ultimate binder;" they didn't look ultimate, but who am I to question them as long as the cover doesn't fall off. Anyway, I spend a good portion of last night putting charts in sheet protectors and sticking them in the binders. I have a lot of Leisure Arts charts, apparently more than I knew I had. Bummer. Now I have an empty box. Woo hoo. For a brief moment, I fantasized about putting shoes in the box. I have a lot of summer shoes. That might work. Better than flinging 5 pairs of flip flops, my patriotic platform stilettos (because nothing says "proud to be an American" like stripper shoes!) and a pair of espadrilles in the corner til spring. And I found 4 of the five cute FireWing Designs dog and cat charts I have. I have apparently misplaced the 5th, though I swear I got it out to take to CATS. Oh well, if I have to repurchase it, that's OK. Better to have to replace one, than 4. I can always sell it.

Anyway, I realized my next project is to organize the magazines by title. I can not find the one issue of Cross Stitch Gold that I want. I thought I put it in a box under the bed, but it's not. I checked in the boxes in the corners. It's not there. I checked the boxes in the basement. It's not there. I know it's in there somewhere. I didn't throw it out. I would never throw it out. But it's misplaced. But in looking for it, I found a lot of cute designs, so I really should get all them organized. That will help too, because I don't have my extra magazines organized and really don't want to sell them until I know they are dupes and not ones I don't have.

BTW, I found more fabric. Between the pieces I keep finding I have fully 1 yard of 32 count Stoney Point linen and not a single clue what I bought any of it for. Not a clue, y'all. I think I bought one piece because it was on sale. And I have some Heatherfield I vaguely remember buying for a Diane Graebner. Other than that, it must have been security purchases, because I can't think of any other reason to buy yards of rustico aida than it made me feel happy. I am a hot mess. I admit it.

Lastly, and on a side note, 3 cheers to my best friend Brea, AKA the original Chorty Chotgun, who finally advised her father that she did get a tattoo, and wasn't just thinking about it. Her father promptly had to take another call. I told her that, if they got on her too hard about it, she could always yell that at least it isn't on her face. Stand proud, Brea, and may your ankle glow defiantly in the dark.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Alright, I either have to come down and organize for you or else you have to buy those 'keep-track-of-your-keys' remotes for all your stash ;o)

WTG Brea! I have two tattoos and I love them. They're art to me, not just a 'tattoo' :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls