Followers

16 January 2008

Long time no see, people

I have been on vacation for the past three days. No major jet-setting vacation, this was more like my Christmas vacation. Sunday we watched the Cowboys lose (and I for one see nothing wrong with T.O. crying, they did lose as a team, I would be crying too), and I stitched. It was so cold that I was glad to stay inside.

Monday, I made my promised trip to the LNS. I wasn't really buying anything new, except that horse book by Stoney Creek. I will be stitching from there, though, because the charts look way easy. I just didn't kit anything up yet. But, other than the new Cross Stitch and Needlework, a chart by Kats by Kelly that my mom thought reminded her of our Lily, and a sale chart, that had sheep and watermelons on it (Could you resist a chart with sheep AND watermelons, I ask you?), and the fabric to do my fair project, all I bought were the supplies to make that Hardanger pillow from New Stitches and some beads, treasures, and braids to do some of the projects I have kitted up.

Let me say this. Those freaking treasures are expensive. I had heard people say they were, but you know how it is, you never really believe other people about what's expensive. But $6 for a little STAR!?! If it were not that I needed the star to complete a stocking for my boyfriend, I would have just figured out a work around. And the worst part is, Mill Hill has you on the treasures, because, at least to my knowledge, there isn't a cheaper alternative. But I have it now, I just have to eat sandwiches or crackers at lunch for a while to pay for it. And the stocking will be gorgeous.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I didn't know you were a Cowboys fan too. My DH and I are diehards, and yes, they broke my heart on Sunday. I was ready to cry too.

Kim said...

Rachel,
Waht did you decide to stitch for the fair? My inquiring (nosey) mind wants to know :)

Kim

Pumpkin said...

What a trip to the LNS! I'm drooling ;o)

Yes, they are expensive but I try and wait for sales. Sometimes you can't avoid it though :o(

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls