Followers

16 January 2008

The long-promised photos





This blog was getting too wordy, so here are the photos I've been promising you for weeks.

The finishes are Lizzie Kate's Beware of the Cat and Dragon Dreams Lost Dragon Sampler. I LOVED every minute of that Dragon Dreams Sampler. I really do like band samplers. I think I may try to work on one of my fancier charts of a band sampler, because they are such a joy. The Lizzie Kate was maybe not such a fun stitch, but it's pretty.

My WIP is the Mouse from Hollie Designs. I like this chart, but I am not sure that the colors are the best. I wonder if, back in 1983, when they designed the chart, they had the color selection we have, because it's not an issue of the dyelots changing--the cover photos is about the same shading. But it's fun. The branches are giving me a fit, but I'll get through it.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I love the LK Cat one, it reminds me of our cat "Bug". I too have some older patterns and I agree the colors are much different than they are now. I wonder how many more colors DMC has come out with since the chart was published?

Sue said...

It is nice to see some stitchy pics. All your pieces are lovely, especially your Dragon Dreams piece. You do such beautiful stitching, you should show it off more ;)

Jennifer said...

Beautiful job on the Lost Dragon Sampler! I was polishing off the verse for a new sampler I plan to teach next fall in Toronto (then publish) and took a break to surf... and there was your beautiful work! I am glad that you enjoyed that design. May the magic never fade...

Happy Stitching,

Jen

Pumpkin said...

Horray! Pictures :o) Great finishes Rachel!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls