Followers

19 July 2007

SBQ for this week

Which project (finished or in progress) are you most proud of? Explain why.

I think the project I am most proud of at the moment is the deer. For lots of reasons, many of which I have explained here.

First of all, it's beautiful. I am always proud that I can take a piece of thread and my little schussly self (Pennsylvania Dutch word, hard to explain, but if you have been reading this or know me, you know about my schussliness) and make something that people think is beautiful (or BOOTIFUL, as my team lead, Gloria, said). That is the wonder of cross stitch for me.

Secondly, this piece represents for me the journey I've been on in the past year. This was supposed to be my salvation all those days at shock/trauma, but it made me question my skills. Could I really handle the task ahead of me, just as I questioned could I handle all the changes that were occurring in my life. And I've learned that I can, just take it slow, do what I can, and things fall into place. And it has been hard, just like fixing my life has been hard, but that makes the success sweeter.

No comments:

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls