Followers

11 July 2007

My vacation finishing









It took 3 or 4 outings, 3 days , and trips to stores in 2 states, but we got these done. My aunt is a wonderful finisher--we teased my mom tonight that this was what results from an art degree from George Washington University and an arts admin degree from UK. She laughed.
From the top, it's Secret Needle Night June 2006--this is the second SNN I have ever finished.
Next is the Drawn Thread Cat Sampler. Then it's some freebie I got from the my LNS--I love the tassles on it, for some reason I can't explain. Under that is a sheep freebie from Rainbow Gallery, stitched on a Silkweaver solo. Note my attempt to make sparklers on the thing he is standing on. The next finished piece is a Lizzie Kate freebie on Heatherfield, which I like stitching on. Lastly, it's JBW Country French pumpkin, which I do have to say, the fabric was a remnant at my LNS I bought on a whim, the floss is DMC color variations. It amazes me the fabric cost more per yard than the fabric, floss and chart, but it's so pretty.

5 comments:

Pam Seavey Schaffner said...

Hey Rachel - your finishes are so awesome! Lucky you! Now I know who to contact for finishing advice - LOL

daisy said...

Great finishes! At the rate you're going that pile of stash will be decimated quickly...I see a fall off the wagon in your future!

Sue said...

Awesome finishes ;)

Anna van Schurman said...

Love the "feet" on the pumpkin!

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Oh, what lovely, lovely finishing and stitching, Rachel! You and your Aunt did some awesome work! :-)

It's lovely to *meet* you and I have enjoyed wandering around your blog...

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls