Followers

03 April 2008

The Christmas Kitten is finished

I am so pleased with myself for getting this finished. I almost lost it last night at the nail salon. I got it out to work on while I was waiting for my girl to finish her other client, and realized the stitching was not in the magazine. I almost threw up. Then I went outside and it was lying in front of the car. Whew. At least no one ran over it and it wasn't in a puddle.

I did most of the backstitching today. I spoke a little too soon about that ease of stitching. The face on the little cat was full of those wonky stitches. But I got through them. I even managed to do his little French knot eyes exactly the same size. They were neat and in the correct, symmetrical position. I am particularly pleased about that--usually my French knot eyes end up being off and it makes one of the eyes look like it's bulging. So, yay for me! He really is adorable, and he does remind me of Gussie.

I sent my payment for this month's Sanmans. I don't consider this a fall off the wagon, because I placed my order before I decided to go on. And I really wanted these charts. I realized I am a horrible dog mother, and, as far as my stitching, I favor the cats. I have very few dog charts, and, sadly, 3 charts that could marginally be Schipperkes. Those are the Mosey and Mes that are of Molly the Mutt. If I take her tail off, she is the perfect Schip. So I wanted to get the dog Itty Bitty to at least start to make it up to Robbie and Chancey. I haven't determined yet the extent of the guilt I should feel because I usually end up stitching other breeds of dogs when i do stitch dogs--we'll leave that for another day, hee hee.

I have decided that being on the wagon does not include not buying magazines. It would be different if they were like fashion magazines, I can live without those. But my magazines are a collection, a highly limited edition collection. I can't just stop buying, not when I have been consistently buying them for this long. It's only about $60 a month. I can afford that, especially if I am not buying anything else stitchy wise. Right?

But, as soon as I get two credit cards and my car paid off, I am joining a FOTM club. I figure I'm worth it then, since I would be paying $300 a month less in bills. $40 or so is NOTHING next to that.

2 comments:

~Julie~ said...

Hi Rachel. I just wanted to say one thing. You work your tushy off--there's no reason under the sun why you shouldn't be treating yourself to cross-stitch supplies and magazines!! You go girl, and enjoy them!

And...congratulations on conquering the french knot!! YAY US! LOL

Pumpkin said...

Oh, I don't consider magazines to be something that would throw you off the wagon. You can't get those anytime you want, unlike patterns that are there all the time ;o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls