Followers

15 April 2008

Guess what I found!

I think I have made it abundantly clear that I lack organization skills. I tend to lose things everywhere. In general, if you ask me where stuff is, I pretty much know--my houndstooth shoes and a WIP of border collie puppies, along with my Timberlands are in my car, I suspected another WIP was in the attic where it got packed away with the Christmas stuff, and my Cross Stitcher magazines are in my room. Other than in general terms, I pretty much can't hone down where things are. Don't even ask where my bills are in general, this is why I have a computer, to get rid of the need to know where they are.

So imagine my surprise when I misplaced Prairie Schooler Birdsongs 1 and 2. Whoda thunk? I know I had them in a Barnes and Noble bag, but I thought they were in my room. And they weren't. I looked, because I have also managed to misplace my kitted-up PS Autumn Leaves (I am getting frantic about that because it's got $40 of VC silks in there) and I got to thinking, "Hey I haven't seen that lately." This is why I go stash-diving so frequently, to keep in touch with my stash.

So I've been getting a little freaked out by the issue. It's not like I don't have plenty of stash to stitch, but when you want what you want, well, you understand, don't you? And I've been on a primitive kick lately, so I wanted something Prairie Schooler in my fat little hand and I wanted it now.

I don't know what inspired me this morning to check two paper boxes in the living room. It seemed so illogical. They were boxes I put stuff in I bought this fall, mostly at CATS. I bought these two springs ago. I kitted them up in the late summer of 2006, when I was working at the job I lovingly refer to as Purgatory, and they would have never been in that box. Not to mention, said box was on the bookshelf behind the ratty chair I posted a photo of the other day (the one with the smiling dog in it). That dog is mean as sin, honestly, it growls all the time. It growls when you give it a cookie, it growls when you ask it to sit up, it growls when it sleeps. It defends that chair with its dear life, because we all know that my goal in life is to sit in that ratty chair the dog chewed. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So, my search this morning involved walking by said dog, who I do love, BTW, she just growls at me. She realized I was going to her chair, so of course, she had to get up, and do her best to trip me on my way over, and then hop in the chair so I couldn't sit down. I put my boxes on the arm of the chair, all the while being growled at, and I kept talking to her. I am gonna start hiding my treasures behind that chair; that dog is crazy intimidating.

In the second box, there was my Barnes and Noble bag. Yay! I told Mom I had found it, she was not suitably impressed. She'd have felt differently if she had had to open a box while being growled at by a very large dog.

So now, I am staring at them. I have my charts. I love my charts. Birds. I can stitch birds.

Now to find that darn Autumn Leaves?

Does anyone else have this many issues keeping track?

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Boy, good thing I don't live near you because the urge to organize your life is very strong! LOL!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls