Followers

11 April 2008

Not much in the way of Friday foolishness

It's not been the best week. Bad news all around. I have a monster headache because I laid awake last night, worrying. It didn't help that the dogs decided that, despite the fact that they have no jobs, didn't purchase any of the bedding, and have no thumbs, they were going to take over the pillows. And at 4:15, Robbie decided to stand on the pillows and bark out the window; I don't know if he was busy barking at the birds who were twittering at that hour--whoda thunk they were up that early?--or if he was just barking because everything looks scary when you are small, brave, but dumb, and it was a window he's never looked out before--it's behind the headboard. Anyone want a cute little mouthy dog? He's really good if you want to get up early. Anyway, today is better, a little. It's payday for my P/T job, I am off to Barnes & Noble at lunch to get my magazines, I am going to a play at my part time job tomorrow night, the official opening night, so I get to schmooze with donors and reviewers, maybe get some hor d'oeuvres (that's not spelled right, is it?). The saddest thing is, I've worked at that theatre for 6 months, and I have yet to set foot in the actual theatre space, yet I sell tickets to it like a champ. Well, I did have theatre training, and I have such a sweet accent, how could I lie? Like a dog in summer, LOL.

I did find this site, www.websudoku.com. I actually have been enjoying it. I am not a math person, other than word problems. But now that I kinda know how to do it, sudoku makes sense. And the good thing about that site is you can check your answers as you go.

I am starting to think about getting ready for the get-together designer Sue Hillis is having in Richmond next month. It's on Memorial Day weekend, which is a slight bummer, because if the weather is good, that is the opening weekend for the beach (have I told you before how absolutely wierd it is to me that a beach is "closed" for the season?). But, I've decided that I can do one day there. It's only, what, two hours from here, maybe 100 miles. I can go down Friday night, come back Saturday night late, and still be on the beach with a frosty beverage on Sunday. I really wish I could afford to attend more retreats, it's just not possible now. Sorta like I can't join FOTM clubs right now. But I'll get there. Soon.

2 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice note. I have added you to my reader and will be back. Hope the headache is gone and you are feeling better soon.

Pumpkin said...

It sounds like your furbabies are behaving just as well as ours :oS Must be the spring air...

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls