Followers

16 April 2008

I am going to try to do some finishing

I can't do it this week, because I work tomorrow night, Friday night and Saturday night, and I can't see myself doing anything fiddly at 10PM, when I get home. But I finished a cute little design from The Gift of Stitching, I think it was last month, called Love Ewe, and it would make the cutest little pinkeep. I read the directions on the finishing blog, and I think I can handle making it. I think, at least. I am even going to try making it real, not doing it no-sew. I know, ambitious, but I can try! I have some fabric in my stash that would probably work, and I can just buy some thin velvet ribbon and pins at my nearby fabric store.

I am pretty proud of myself. I really haven't been too bad on the S.E.X. since I started back on the wagon. I had to buy some VC silks for some stuff I had, and I had two small E-bay purchases, but other than the Volarium purchase, that is all. I did realize last night when I was looking at I Could be a Prince, by Samsarah, which I bought that Tula Solo from Silkweavers for the other day that I have to buy Watercolors for it to look right on the 10-count. I had bought Wildflowers, but one strand on 10 count won't look right. I would rather spend the $20 on the right threads and have the project I want, rather than be cheap and have it look stupid. So that's that.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

That is a cute pattern. I'm sure you'll have no problem with your finishing :o)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls