Followers

14 April 2008

I am really itching for that sewing machine

Between Michelle's blog and the finishing blog I have on my favorites list, I am jonesing for a sewing machine. Like I used to jones for a Coke. I know I need the thing. It's not a matter of it being a want versus a need. I could finish my stitching, sew my clothes, fix SO's work pants (I am not Martha Stewart but I am pretty sure that sewing his belt loops back on with DMC floss and a size 28 petite needle is not a viable long-term solution to the problem. However, and I have to applaud him for this, he is always very grateful for my less than mediocre hand-sewing skills.) Sears has one on sale for $99. It has 54 functions and a needle threader. Not that I ever found threading the needle to be the most difficult part of sewing (making sure the pattern on the fabric flows right is way harder), and 54 functions, whew, I could be a seamstress. Though I do have to note, and not with glee, the listing does not mention what those 54 functions are, and I probably don't know why I would need 53 of them. And just think, while SO is out mowing the lawn, I can be in my little sewing room, making loungepants out of Repro Depot fabrics. I am now trying to decide if I should charge one on my Sears card and just pay on it a little longer, or if I should hold off and just pay cash for it. Hmmmmmm . . .

3 comments:

Sue said...

I enjoy reading your posts so much. I don't always comment, but I had to tonight because you just crack me up. You have such a humorous way of saying things. Thanks for making me chuckle ;)

Kathy A. said...

I'm still laughing. Imagine DMC floss to sew a belt loop LOL LOL LOL. Thanks for the great chuckle.

Pumpkin said...

Mending a belt loop with DMC. Hmmmm...that's the first time I heard that! LOL!

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls