Followers

10 April 2008

Rest In Peace

I found out this week that two stitchers on the 123 stitch board, Lurker and 2Believe, died. Lurker died suddenly, but 2Believe and her daughter were killed in a car accident yesterday. I didn't know any of the three people personally, but I still feel a sense of loss. I feel like that whenever we lose someone in the group, be it Roni who died two years ago, or Cheryl, who died last winter suddenly. Our group was cranky, crochety at times, but they were part of it, and their loss is felt. Funny how love of an art created a shared experience and a sadness.

Lurker--her real name was Liz--always seemed like such a genuinely nice person. I know, it's easy to say someone seemed nice, but she did. 2Believe, I don't know much about her, other than I recognize the name, but I sympathize with her family. They were killed when someone lost control on wet pavement. It took me back to losing my grandmother in a horrible car accident when someone lost control on a rain-slicked road. And this family lost a mother and a daughter. I know the road they are starting the walk down, and how their lives will be split into two eras: before the accident and after the accident and how they will fight to get the second back to how it was in the first.

I pray that God is with these families. And that they come to peace. You never heal from these things. I will never drive in the rain without wondering what's coming at me around a curve or down a hill. But you do come to peace with it, in whatever way it takes to get there, eventually. And I ask, for the rest of us, we hug our loved ones tight and let them know that we love them, even if they think it's silly or they don't tell us back.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

That is so terrible :o( My sympathies go out to both their families.

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls