Followers

07 June 2007

A finish and issues with fairies

I finished Square number 5 on my afghan last night. It took me about 4 hours to get that little section I was working on finished, but I did it. I was watching the show Ghost Hunters, which I had never seen before, but it was really interesting, and I was able to stitch.

I know now why I do not stitch fairies. I've tried and I just can't. It's got to be genetic from what part of me is Irish. The show was talking about this house in Ireland was haunted because it sat between 2 fairy forts. Apparently you are not supposed to build between the forts, because it makes the fairies mad. And Irish fairies aren't sweet and loving and cute. They are sort of supposed to be cranky and not very nice. I imagine they look like these fairies in a book I have that was illustrated by Garth Williams (he illustrated the Little House books). Now, I like Garth Williams, but his fairies are devious- looking.
Anyway, they were talking about this house was supposed to be all full of tunnels underneath and the fairies supposedly know where you are when you are walking around. And they had video where there were little thermal images running after the people. And one of the guys sat in the middle of the fairy mound and said he felt like there were beings running around. GAHHHHH(but then again, wouldn't you be kinda pissed if someone who barely believed in you sat themselves on your roof?). Of course I believe in spirits--how could I not, there is too much Irish and Indian in me to dismiss them. And I think it would freak me out to see fairies. But then again, I was raised in the country and have sense, we don't hang out in random fields after dark without there being a good reason.

So I have no fairies. I don't think people who stitch them are wierd, I just can't see them on my walls, now it would remind of that show.

No comments:

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls