Followers

29 June 2007

Back on the wagon and other observations

I am on the wagon again, as of today. It was payday and I've already paid insurance and a credit card. I paid most of my insurance balance off, but it still kinda bugs me that you never really get ahead with car insurance. So I don't need stash this month. I am trying to stop solving my problems with retail therapy, now it's through doing things to increase my sense of the world. I have plenty of things to work on, I kitted up scads of things, and I don't need to buy more. I can imagine that I will probably need to buy some things to work on my no-sew cubes and flatfolds, but that shouldn't cost that much--we're talking glue and styrofoam at this point. And, other than my surfboard and a t-shirt, I can't see buying anything at the beach.

That said, I discovered World Market at lunch, and I introduced my friend Samantha to the joy that is a Violet Crumble. She enjoyed her part of it. I made her buy her own. Emmie, my co-worker, got a little of mine. I don't think she will be a member of the fan club. That is OK. More for me! At least she did not do what my ex did and threw out the rest of his bar ($2 for a candy bar and the jerk throws it out cause he doesn't like it? I should have known . . . ).

It was so funny, she took her cat in to have her spayed, and the vet called and told her she had fleas. She was affronted that this had happened and felt she let Mistletoe down. And of course, she spent the rest of the afternoon looking for flea treatment. Finally, I turned to our co-worker, Karen, and said, "Karen, please explain to her that Mistletoe's fleas are not a reflection on her pet parenting skills." Karen told her it wasn't, then goes, "Look, it's not my fault my cat got a UTI and," and I just fell out laughing at the look on her face. But I think Samantha is going to be fogging her room. I always assume people are similar pet owners to me. I love my pets, but I've had them since I was 4, and I'm pretty laid back. If, at the end of the day, everyone is there, not bleeding, and fed, I don't sweat the details. Fleas are fleas. Not as bad as ticks, not as bad as lice, an annoyance, but if it doesn't involve a vet visit, not bad at all.

No comments:

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls