Followers

26 June 2007

Making excellent progress on New Birth of Spring


I worked on this pretty steady last night. I am starting to make some great progress on it. My fawn now has a fully connected back that, surprisingly, came together properly and involved no frogging. I am almost to the bottom of the page. I just have to fill in his ears and a little bit of his forehead. There is a lot of outlining on this one, so trying to decide if it's better to wait til everything is done and then outline or do the part of the animals that has been finished so far. I did some of it before, but was holding off apparently on the part I was working on when I put this down.

It seems like an easier stitch to work on this now. It's a Stoney Creek, so to say it's easy is amazing. I don't know if it's because I have been doing the afghan and so the whole confetti stitching concept is not as foreign to me as it might have been back then. Or just that I want to get these things done. Now it's still not a simple stitch. When this was done, back in 1992, they were hand-drawing all their charts, so you can sorta tell when the person got tired cause the symbols get a little hazy. But, in keeping with the cardinal rule of this company, the design does use the entire 433-437, 738-739 range. I swear, even if it was a blue design they would know how to incorporate the browns.

But this will be so beautiful when it's done.

1 comment:

tweezle said...

OH WOW!! This is going to be one gorgeous piece when it's finished!! I'll be watching your blog to see your progress :)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls