Followers

22 June 2007

My next works

I decided last night, while sitting on my rear, working on Forest Snowfall, what I am going to try to finish next. I am veering off my 50 a little to do it, but, they are things I started, and need to finish.

The first is no big deal, just one of those Secret Needle Night kits. I worked on it a little, so not sure if it even really qualifies as a WIP. It's Winter Snows Me. I just want it finished. I am going to have to rethink being in that club. It's getting to be too much, and the ones that I like aren't enough to justify spending $20 a month when I could be getting fabric. I don't know. Just when I want to throw in the towel, they get a cute kit, But I hope they don't do elves or Christmas trees for Christmas in July. Elves rank just above fairies in my list of things that creep me out, but I do go on an elf to elf basis in this. Anyway . . .

The other one is New Birth of Spring by Stoney Creek. I talked a little about that one earlier this month, but it's time to finish it. I've put it away because it has a lot of bad connotations. I was working on it in Shock/Trauma waiting room, and I used to work on it at John's house. I really don't want to remember that time, and what I lost in that time, but, when it comes down to it, this project has to be finished. The time at the hospital happened, the time with John happened. I realize now that, had Gramma been alive, I wouldn't have stayed with him so long, because I was just looking for some kind of escape from all that was happening, and she wouldn't have let me let him treat me like he did. And I am starting to get some peace from all this. I realize now that I were both in love with people who didn't really exist, and I can't be all that angry about it, at least not with myself. But I think it would be good for me to just finish that project and be done with it. And that way, too, something beautiful comes out of a really bad time.

Oh, and I figured out how to resolve my fabric issue from yesterday. And came up with an idea for A Summer Place. I am going to try to acheive a sand and sky effect.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

I'm with you on the Secret Needle Nights--just when you think you're out, they pull you back in. I finally stopped and look for the ones I like on ebay. (Shhhh.)

I do my thing and you do yours. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, then it is beautiful. If not, it can’t be helped--Frederick Perls